Our company is fully committed to the part it can play in minimising the effects on the environment of the production and construction of steel buildings. With this in mind ASA fully supports the drive towards sustainability in steel construction and recognises how the properties of steel itself, if managed correctly, contribute to the environmental cause.
In conjunction with the Company’s formal Environmental Policy ASA seeks to inform and train staff in these matters in order that environmental awareness becomes part of the company’s culture.
Environmental Policy Statement
- ASA Steel Structures Limited will control and manage its activities to ensure risks to health, safety and welfare of its employees, customers and the general public are identified and action taken to minimise or eliminate their effects.
- Adverse effects of operational activities on the environment will be minimised as far as practicable.
- The objectives of the policy are:
- To comply with its legal obligations under the current Health, Safety and Welfare Act and the Environmental Protection Act, together with all other applicable statutory provisions and relevant codes of practice.
- To promote health, safety and environmental awareness throughout the organisation.
- To maintain a safe and healthy working environment for its employees, with adequate facilities appropriate to the nature of the business activities.
- To minimise the social impact of the company activities and avoid damage to the environment through regular reviews of the business from environmental and management system audits.
- To undertake environmental impact studies as part of any company relocation or enlargement of existing facilities.